A Note About Our Screenplays (and writing)

We’ll get back to the screenplay outlining quickly, but just wanted to let everyone know that we’re going to start posting some of our screenplays on this site for you to peruse (and if you’re a producer, to option!).  You can see just a few of these screenplays using the link at the top of the page, or you can get there from here.

Note that for now, we’re focused on low budget scripts as a way to get produced, and that has worked in several cases (and maybe something you should consider as well, if you’re a beginning screenwriter, or maybe even a seasoned one).  Why is this?  Well, first of all, writing spec scripts, is just that, speculative.  VERY speculative.  To get through the front gates of the big production companies, you need to have been produced before (and consequently represented), or have an insanely great script.

Yet having an insanely great script still doesn’t guarantee anything.  You have to still get someone to read it, and that requires getting noticed.  Query letters almost NEVER work.  If you’re the less than 1% who got yours through the door, congrats.  The other 99% applaud and cry in their beers in between typing out another five pages of Act Two.

That’s why I’m a big proponent of Simply Scripts, which I find to be one of the best ways to get discovered as a writer.  I placed several scripts on that site and have been optioned four times.  There are a lot of other writers from that site as well who have similar success stories.  Do yourself a favor, if you’re a screenwriter, and hit that site up.  And if you’re a writer who frequents Simply Scripts and want to chime in on your success there, feel free to leave a comment below.  This is an encouraging, peer-review site that can provide you with a ton of reviews and resources to help you get better as a writer.

Good luck!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.